Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp Pavilion dv4-2040us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

There is no Power Management tab or Advance tab in the BIOS of my laptop.  Is there a way to turn it on or to update to another version that has this feature.  In fact, I would like to have my laptop automatically turn on (Restore on AC Power Loss) after power loss or to be able to have scheduled power on (RTC Alarm Power On).  I need to have at least one of these features.  Please help!  Thank you.

My laptop has an AMD base Turion II processor, Dual-Core Mobile M500 2200MHz. BIOS Version F.04.  Bios Vendor Insyde

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Minou1296

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  

Enabling the Power-On feature is available only in HP desktops not for laptops and its works only with  LAN (Wake on LAN)

Refer to the article: https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c04752217 HP Notebook PCs - Managing Power Options (Windows 10)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Minou1296

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  

Enabling the Power-On feature is available only in HP desktops not for laptops and its works only with  LAN (Wake on LAN)

Refer to the article: https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c04752217 HP Notebook PCs - Managing Power Options (Windows 10)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake,

So there is no way to remotely (or automatically) turn back on a hp laptop after power loss or run out of battery?  About Wake on LAN, is there a tutorial for it, let say how to set it to work?  Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Minou1296

Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, it's not possible to wake up computer on LAN settings.
As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to reach out to our HP Smart Friend Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Smart Friend Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.