Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13-aq0350nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All, 

I'm not sure since when but I seem to have the option for sleep in the power settings missing. I've searched thoroughly about this issue and what I understood is that it's usually a display driver issue. I've received an update for the Intel 620 graphics a while back (which also deleted the intel control panel and replaced it with the new command center). I cannot roll back the driver, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it; i tried doing it from the HP drivers website (it told me Windows version not supported, i tried from Intel's website it failed as well, I also tried through windows update and it also failed) but every time i uninstall it it simply reinstalls on restart. I'm running Windows 10 home so I cannot access Local Group Policy. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@of123 InstantGo (previously called Connected Standby) is a smart feature in Windows 10/8 that allows your PC to maintain network connectivity when your screen is off in sleep mode. However, Any attempt to disable InstantGo may likely disable the regular Standby/Sleep mode too, as most devices supporting Connected Standby does not support traditional sleep options.

If you’ve disabled InstantGo, you have to turn it on again. Follow these steps:

1. Open the Registry Editor. Navigate to the following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
  2. On the right side pane, double-click CsEnabled and set its value to 1.

enable-connected-standby-InstantGo

3. When it’s done, close the Registry Editor and reboot your computer.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@of123 InstantGo (previously called Connected Standby) is a smart feature in Windows 10/8 that allows your PC to maintain network connectivity when your screen is off in sleep mode. However, Any attempt to disable InstantGo may likely disable the regular Standby/Sleep mode too, as most devices supporting Connected Standby does not support traditional sleep options.

If you’ve disabled InstantGo, you have to turn it on again. Follow these steps:

1. Open the Registry Editor. Navigate to the following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
  2. On the right side pane, double-click CsEnabled and set its value to 1.

enable-connected-standby-InstantGo

3. When it’s done, close the Registry Editor and reboot your computer.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you!! I would've never guessed it. 

Do you know what caused this though? 

HP Recommended

@of123 It's a possible change due to a recent update installed in the background, as a part of the windows updates, that said, I'm glad it's been sorted and I hope you have an awesome day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.