Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Elitepad 1000 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

IMG_20201124_193937_compress90.jpg

Hello everybody,

I've recently updated one of mine Hp Elitepad 1000 G2 to the bios version 01.48 Rev.A.

The update process worked fine, but the Tablet wasn't able to load the OS:

No bootable device found.

Please install an operating system on you hard drive.

I've run the system diagnostic (F2) but nothing helped. 

Resetting the bios settings  didn't helped anyway.

A downgrade to previous bios version isn't possible as described.

Is there any way to fix it? Or a new working bios version?

The text on the picture above comes when I try to boot from Windows 10 Usb stick. It was created with the Media tool.

On the other G2 Tablet everything works fine with bios version 01.47 Rev.A 

Thanks in advance

Alberto

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@AlbertoM83 

Your screenshot is confusing -- because it clearly refers to GRUB -- and that is the Linux boot loader, not the Windows boot loader.  So, this device apparently has had Linux installed to it at some time -- and HP does not provide support for Linux.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello WAWood and thanks for your answer. 

Yes it is Grub because I've created Windows 10 usb with rufus and another one with the Microsoft Media creation tool. But nothing works!

I have never installed any version of Linux on my tablets. I've always had Windows 8.1 and lately Windows 10.

This issue came after updating the bios to version 01.48. Rev.A

The other Hp 1000 G2 tablet with the previous bios version (01.47 Rev.A) works perfectly.

I've tried with the HP Thin Client too by downloading the official version of Windows 10, but that doesn't work either.

I hope HP release a new update to fix this problem!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.