Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 2540p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello
I have drive lock function enabled. And once Laptop went to hibernation now it shows non system disk. It doesn’t request a password entry. Tried to long press power button, battery ejection, bios settings reset.

in bios->security->drivelock pwd->indicates that “Drive is locked”

Any idea how to wake up my laptop? I guess hp drivelock doesn’t support hibernation?

67937AC2-DF44-49D8-AA44-0CD90B15718F.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@AdamJack 

Wish I had some good news -- but what I've found is this, and it is not good news:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/HP-Drive-Lock-password-forgotten-or-unknown-H...

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@

Thank you for your answer. I'm informed about it already.

But I DO know the password. The problem is that the BIOS doesn't ask me for password entry. That is a system malfunction

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.