Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It has been over a year and still no solution! I am so displeased  with HP as a company in whole. There support is useless, all they want is $$$ and for me to send my laptop in for repair. Funny thing about that is that my warranty had just expired by 2 months when the problem started. I hardly ever used this laptop, at most 1 or 2 times a month for 30 or 45min. at a time. It was a Christmas present from my parents and me and my wife would use it to pay our bills, that's it! We have a Alienware X51 r2 that is used for any other type of PC use, web browsing, gaming, etc. So this hardly used laptop is Brand New in my opinion. So why would i pay $350.00 to send it to HP to get fixed! You guys are a joke with your lame support and every other tech support agent telling me to send it in because it needs service. To rule out possibilities I purchased another Charger, replaced the ram, did a hard reset, even checked the HD by removing it and hooking it up to a HD docking station the see if it worked and it did.  Nothing seems to work from the troubleshooting steps. All i get is a White LED on the Power button side along with an Amber HD LED that Both flash at the same time in 2-3 second intervals. They will do that continuously until i unplug the Power cable. Before i even press the power button i have witnessed several different scenarios. On the AC Adapter & Battery light i get an Amber light sometimes, and a White sometimes... When i press the Power Button those scenarios change from Solid White to Blinking White and sometimes Blinking Amber. So lets just say it is the motherboard, Why on Gods green earth would i send it in for repair and pay for a new board when it costs the same to purchase a new laptop? And why would i even choose HP EVER AGAIN! More like NEVER AGAIN!!! Im not the smartest man but why would anyone want to repeat all this crap over again with the possibility of the same outcome down the road?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Adam925

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.