Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 dh-0135tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Notebook gets out of sleep mode even when lid is down , although screen stays off but fans are on and a considerable amount of battery is consumed . 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@abhinavrana Interesting, I'm curious to know how is it that you know if the device is out of sleep mode when the lid is down? Is it connected to an alternate monitor? 

Also, if the device is in sleep mode, it is bound to consume battery, only when the device is shut down is when it would ideally not consume any battery.

And if it's waking up on its own, here's what you need to do:

Enable the hybrid sleep, followed by updating all available Windows updates and the BIOS update from the HP website, please follow the below steps to disable the hybrid sleep after performing a hard reset on the device should help resolve the issue.

1. In Windows, search for and open Control panel.

2. Make sure the View by setting is set to Category, and then click Hardware and Sound.

3. Click Power Options.

4. Click Change plan settings for the power plan that is selected.

Changing  the plan settings

5. Click Change advanced power settings.

Clicking Change advanced power settings

6. Expand Sleep, and then expand Allow hybrid sleep.

7. Select Off from the On battery drop-down menu, and then select ON from the Plugged in drop-down menu.

Selecting Off in the On battery drop-down menu

8. Click OK.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & FOLLOW THE STEPS UNDER - The computer wakes from sleep mode unexpectedly

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Fans starts running at more than normal speeds (more than they run normally when I'm working) as well as this led on right side start blinking  . This I believe is enough to tell that the device is not in sleep mode.

HP Recommended

@abhinavrana When the device is in sleep mode or hibernation mode, its still running, the system files are active and hence if the fans & lights are running, it doesn't make much difference, that said, have you gone through the steps I had suggested earlier? If not, please do and get back to us with the results.

If you've already done that and the issue persists, please backup all personal data, create a new user account and check if that works!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.