Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0120ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got a notification that updates will be installed outside my active hours or I can run the updates now. So I chose to run the updates. I followed the steps to update my BIOS and let it run till the end. The screen went black and the power light remained on for about 5 minutes and then it turned off. I waited for 30 minutes for the laptop to restart but nothing happened. I thought that the laptop was shutdown after the update and I tried to turn it back on but without success and I noticed that the power supply light is also off. I let the computer sit and cool down and tried turning it back on but the screen is still black and the laptop isn’t charging.

How can I fix that?!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mishmisha,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to Windows.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Do you see any lights on the computer?

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04718479

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi The_Fossette,

Thank you for your reply. I was in contact with Hp Customer Support, they tried to assist me with this issue but things didn't work out so the Hp Repair Service picked up my notebook a couple of hours ago.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

@Mishmisha,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

I am positive that the repair center will fix the computer and once you receive it back you should not face any issue.

Contact again if you’re still having any difficulties.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.