Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-bs234wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

After hurricane Sally I tried to turn on my notebook and it wouldn't turn on. The notebook worked fine before the hurricane, nothing hit the notebook or anything like that so I do not understand why it won't turn on. I plugged in the power cord and there is the power led light, which is blue. I do not hear any beeps or sounds coming from the notebook. I just have a blank screen. I tried doing a hard reset. I tried entering the BIOS update screen. I tried disconnected all peripherals. After all of that there is still nothing, the notebook is completely dead it seems like. Can somebody please help me with this issue if there is anything that can be done?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@wolfgazer79 

Unfortunately, modern laptops with Windows 10 preloaded come with something called Fast Startup already enabled -- this is the default setting by Microsoft.  This is a form of hibernation -- and that uses battery power, even when your PC is turned off.  Since it was off for some time, my guess is that the battery died -- and with a dead battery, some laptops won't turn on even with the charger connected (I know because I have one of those).

If your model has an easily removable battery, you can remove it and see if the laptop will turn on then.

If it does not then turn on, or if the battery is not removable, then you will need to see about getting it serviced.

USA/Canada HP contact info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.