Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion ?

My 10 year old daughter was gifted a Pavillion laptop for christmas by my ex-wife. I told to let me get it setup for her xmas evening but she did it anyway. She says she wrote down all the user names & passwords she was required to create. Well now my daughter cannot get into her user profile upon startup. I have attempted to use every password that was written down and nothing is working. HP is impossible to get support from as they don't have an actual human to talk to and the virtual assistant is pretty much a joke. 

Please someone tell me how I can either access her user profile or maybe do a hard reset so I can start over with setting it up so she can actually use this new laptop? Please any help would be a blessing. Thank you in advance for your help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

If it is a new laptop, it may be supported by the HP cloud recovery tool which you can use to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with the notebook.

Since you boot from the USB flash drive, no passwords should be needed.

You will need to have access to another Windows PC running W7 64 bit or newer, and a 32 GB USB flash drive.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility.

HP Business PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Download Tool | HP® Customer Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.