cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
412psekustomzll
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Other

HP Recommended
Pavilion ?

My 10 year old daughter was gifted a Pavillion laptop for christmas by my ex-wife. I told to let me get it setup for her xmas evening but she did it anyway. She says she wrote down all the user names & passwords she was required to create. Well now my daughter cannot get into her user profile upon startup. I have attempted to use every password that was written down and nothing is working. HP is impossible to get support from as they don't have an actual human to talk to and the virtual assistant is pretty much a joke. 

Please someone tell me how I can either access her user profile or maybe do a hard reset so I can start over with setting it up so she can actually use this new laptop? Please any help would be a blessing. Thank you in advance for your help.

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
136,428 91,090 20,987 28,080
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If it is a new laptop, it may be supported by the HP cloud recovery tool which you can use to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with the notebook.

Since you boot from the USB flash drive, no passwords should be needed.

You will need to have access to another Windows PC running W7 64 bit or newer, and a 32 GB USB flash drive.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility.

HP Business PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Download Tool | HP® Customer Support

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation