Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-19-2021 11:03 AM
Some time ago, my laptop overheated and shut itself down. I waited a while, and successfully restarted it, used it, shut it down. Since that time I have booted it up, used it all day for work, shut it down sometimes, hibernated it other times, restarted several times, even installed a bios update today.
EVERY TIME it boots, I get the annoying beep and the 90D warning. Even after I successfully restarted from state in which I verified the temperature was 59 degrees (using core temp).
How do I acknowledge / clear this warning?
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-19-2021 02:27 PM
Great question. No, but I have an external eGPU that I normally plug it into. (it functions as a Thunderbolt docking station as well.)
I unplugged it, restarted it (twice for luck), plugged it back in, restarted it again, and now finally the beep has gone. Maybe it was as simple as that!
Thanks for the suggestion!
I guess that the eGPU is set to run hotter than the normal thresholds for a built-in laptop GPU (it came with some pretty extreme warnings about not touching it for 10 minutes after using, etc.), so possibly the temperature is triggering a generic "too hot" warning on shut down? Not sure, I'll keep monitoring!