Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion Laptop G7-1219WM
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an older G7-1219WM Win7 laptop that went dead during sleep mode, (battery may have died).  When applying power and trying to boot up, it comes up with a blank screen and the Cap Lock and Numeric Lock keys are both blinking slowly (continuous). I've read through the various help forums and tried the common BIOS recovery steps, CMOS reset, etc. but no success. Same symptom. 

The next step, before I give up and recycle the hardware, I want to try manually recovering the BIOS using a USB flash drive.  Unfortunately I've encountered two different errors running the HP utility SP62234.exe to create the USB recovery drive regarding compatibility with my HP Pavilion tower/Win10.  So I am stuck at this point.

Any suggestions from the group?

thx..

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, you can see here error codes for HP PC, for check what can be your problem:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

It is not necessarily a BIOS problem, so you can try to reinstall or change other composants, same RAM and other.. 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Thanks.  Unfortunately the error codes as I found previously were not very helpful.  Since the Cap Lock and Numeric Lock both blink slowly together (continuous). There is no match with the shown errors where there are a defined number of blinks to match to a specific error.  I could only assume it was a boot issue caused by a corrupt BIOS.

And the HP Tool for creating a BIOS recovery USB drive doesn't seem to work with my Win 10 tower for some reason.

Puzzling...

HP Recommended

I have tried and I have this error: "IHISI: get support mode fail in SMI". Is it the same error?? 

I don't know if you can use a Recovery BIOS disk in this computer because I know it is not possible in few Pavilion G7.. 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Yes, this is the same error I receive when I try to run SP62234.exe and create a laptop BIOS recovery USB drive on my HP Pavilion Tower/Win10.  "UHISIS: Get Support mode fail in SMI!   BIOS did not Support  Insysdeflash!"  The HP Utility is checking for something that my Pavilion Tower doesn't support or have available.  I may be at the end of the road for my old G7-1219WM laptop.  The BIOS manual reload was the last thing I wanted to try.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.