Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 m3 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since I purchased my Pavilion x360 m3 Convertible in 2017, I've been using it almost every day. Today, I tried to start up, but it is not booting up. I don't hear any sound or I even don't see the charging light blinking. Does it mean that the internal battery is dead? I pressed the start up button more than 60 seconds, but nothing happened. I have some backed up files, but I would like to recover the recent files that I did not make backups.

My questions are 1) What is the next step I should take to diagnose the issue? 2) If it is indeed the internal battery, then how can I replace it? Also, I would like to know what the battery product number that I need to order.

I will appreciate any suggestions.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@LOntario

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try a different adapter.Touch the adapter and let us know is it warm or cold.

Let's take one step at a time.

Perform the below steps to resolve this issue:

Symptoms: Battery power LED blinks, and Caps Lock/Num Lock off

Possible failure: AC adapter not connected or failure / Battery low charge or failure

If the battery power LED and the LEDs near the Num Lock and Caps Lock keys do not glow when the computer is disconnected from the AC adapter, then the battery has a very low charge or is not charged at all. Try the following two procedures for diagnosing the power issue: Charge the battery: Use the following steps to charge the battery. Connect the AC power adapter, and verify that the battery power LED glows. Allow the battery to charge for 15 - 30 minutes. Attempt to start the computer. 

Perform a BIOS restore and a hard reset:

Hard Reset:

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  

3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer ) 

4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  

5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)

6) Try to turn on the computer and check, If the issue persists continue next step

Set BIOS default and restart:

1.      Restart your notebook.  

2.      During startup, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu is displayed.  

3.      Once the BIOS menu is displayed, press F9 to restore factory defaults.  

4.      Select Yes to confirm.  

5.      Press F10 to save changes and exit.  

6.      Select Yes to confirm.  

The computer restarts using the default settings. 

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I could not access this site, and I had to recreate another user id.

It is still not working. This is what I did so far. 1) I used a different adapter, but the battery power LED light does not turn on or even blink (red or green). 2) I replaced the internal battery B103XL. The power light is still not on. The laptop is just cold.

What is the next troubleshooting? Is there any other batteries?

HP Recommended

@LOntario

I recommend you contact support as it looks like a hardware issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So, do I have to pay to fix this defected machine?  I am very frustrated about this product. I have Dell, Apple and others in the past. This is my first HP laptop I purchased. Within three years, it is totally dead! And, the customer support even cannot give me any descent advice, except to call the tech support and to spend a long waiting time?

HP Recommended

@LOntario

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please use LOntario2. I am unable to access LOntario.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.