Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Fan remaining on after shutdown also 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RAJKUMAR2407 here are a few other things you can try as it has worked for others:

If nothing works, perform a Microsoft Push Button reset: Click here

And don't worry, if this doesn't work out, we'll try something else, until its either identified or resolved, I'm here for you.

Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@RAJKUMAR2407 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

The electrical components in a computer generate heat, and fans inside the computer help move the air to keep the components from getting too hot. Excess heat will cause the fans to run constantly, damage components, and limit the speed of the CPU. All of these problems with high power and high heat will cause applications to work slower than normal. One of the main functions of the BIOS is to monitor the temperature and adjust the operating conditions. While the sound of the fan running all the time can be annoying, it may be the first clue that your computer is running as efficiently as possible.

To help your computer run as cool and efficiently as possible, do one or more of the following corrective actions.

Updating your Notebook computer BIOS

After computers are released, HP may distribute an updated BIOS to manage the fan, CPU power loads, and other components. To see if there is a newer BIOS update, you should determine what version of the BIOS is currently installed on your computer, and then determine if there is a more recent version available.

For complete information on finding your current BIOS version as well as instruction for updating your notebook computer BIOS, see Updating the BIOS (not for Android or ChromeOS devices).

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE - Follow the next set of steps.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Actually bios is up to date already as well as all drivers also up to date even win 10 is also up to date , but the issue don't goes out , 

Even i have contacted Microsoft technician  many times 

But they also failes , 

And asks to contact manufacturer but some time it shutdown properly and sometime doesn't.

When we don't use pc  thab they go to sleep & when we touch again them they awake 

But this pc doesn't awake , i  have to force shutdown it by pressing power button 15 second 

Then i  have to start it back  this is the only way to use it 

But t

HP Recommended

@RAJKUMAR2407 I suggest you try the below steps to attempt a fix, create a new user account and then try the below steps:
Open Windows PowerShell, type the command below you want to use, and press Enter.

stop-computer
Performs a full shutdown of the computer.

stop-computer -force
Forces running apps to close, and then perform a full shutdown of the computer. 

stop-computer -confirm
Prompts you to confirm before performing a full shutdown of the computer.

stop-computer -force -confirm
Prompts you to confirm before forces running apps to close, and then performs a full shutdown of the computer. 

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So i have to do this every time , ? When i i want to shutdown my pc .

HP Recommended

@RAJKUMAR2407 Negative, this is a one time process that should resolve the issue, once and for all.

Let me know if it worked, If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ait also doesn't work for all time 

HP Recommended

Even it also doesn't shut down completely

HP Recommended

@RAJKUMAR2407 here are a few other things you can try as it has worked for others:

If nothing works, perform a Microsoft Push Button reset: Click here

And don't worry, if this doesn't work out, we'll try something else, until its either identified or resolved, I'm here for you.

Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You have done it , i appreciate you work , knowledge, consistency ,,, now my pc is working well 

Thanks you very much for your help

May i connect you on Facebook ? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.