Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion beats not sure how to find full name

I spilled a beer on my laptop and it won't turn on now can anyone tell me how to fix it as I need it to work from home otherwise ill be let go as I can't work without it. The picture is when I opened it up not sure if foam from beer or components eroded

20210106_112519.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
it may be too late ..
The first thing to do, and it may not be enough if the damage has already been done, is to disconnect the computer from the mains and remove the battery!
Then go directly to a professional.
If there has already been a short circuit, the components may be completely out of order.
So all that's left to do is do as instructed and go to a professional to see if he can still save it.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
it may be too late ..
The first thing to do, and it may not be enough if the damage has already been done, is to disconnect the computer from the mains and remove the battery!
Then go directly to a professional.
If there has already been a short circuit, the components may be completely out of order.
So all that's left to do is do as instructed and go to a professional to see if he can still save it.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I've been quoted £90 by a professional justbto look at it even if it can't be saved. Can I change the motherboard?

HP Recommended

It will be necessary to find the original model, not always easy
check if it is worth it, the price can be high, sometimes as much to buy a new one
see if you can do it yourself, otherwise you will have to go through a pro, which will also have a cost

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.