Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1003nlilion 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, i have a problem with my laptop.

Some time when i push the power button, the notebook don't start, after 3 times i push the power button it's works. the battery was at 23%. please help me

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@MIMMOTHEGAME

I reviewed your post and I understand that the power button is not working correctly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Does the computer start correctly when after pressing the power button couple of times?

Are you facing any other issue on the computer?

If the power button is not working correctly it may be an issue with the power button and it needs to be replaced. In case if you are facing any issues with Windows then, I recommend you update the BIOS and the chipset driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi thaks for the answer, and i add some information ti my post. When the pc is on It works Well, the problem is only when i push power button with only the BATTery alimentation without the power supply connected, and the battery is under 30% of charge. Infact if if try to press power button when power supply il connected everythings  work good, if i press power button without power supply, but my battery is over30% every things work good.  At this point i think the battery is the problem.

HP Recommended

@MIMMOTHEGAME

Thank you for the update.

I recommend you update the BIOS and check if it helps.

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager.

Here is how you do it.

Step 1: Click the Windows “Start” button and right-click “Computer.”

Step 2: Click “Manage,” then “Device Manager.”

Step 3: Click the “Batteries” section. A list of devices will appear.

Step 4: Right-click the “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” device and click “Uninstall.”

Step 5: Click the “Action” menu item and “Scan for Hardware Changes” to reinstall the driver.

Let me know how it goes.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, i try your solution but nothing. Thanks for Your help 

HP Recommended

@MIMMOTHEGAME

Let's Run a battery test using F2 (during restart), if the test failed: 

Check with an alternate battery. 

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi other user have the same problem with the same notebook and make post and forum of discussion on facebook. Hp really dont know that this lapotop has this issue????

HP Recommended

@MIMMOTHEGAME

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.