Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-e009tu

So i was trying to install Sierra on my HP pavilion with i3 , 4GB. in UEFI mode.

So i forced shutdown the laptop by holding down the power button and now when i press it no lights comes on. The charging LED is on but the power button won't light up & nothing turns on. I tried both AC only and battery

Things I tried:-

1. Removing battery and power cord and holding power button for 5 mins to discharge (didnt work)

2. Removing and resetting RAM.(didnt work).

Please help. The power button just worked 3-4 times a minute ago and now its not working. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@prantik1994,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Power button not working on the PC. Is that right?

I would like to definitely help you.

Were you trying to install Mac OS (Sierra) or was that a software?

Seems like you have done most of the troubleshooting yourself.

I recommend you contact our phone support any warranty support options.

http://hp.care/2bjG4nE

Let me know if this helps.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi. Sorry for replying late because my laptop was not with me. So I took the device to HP and they straight away said motherboard problem without even checking and asked me to change it.

I then contacted a guy who used to work at HP, he said that he can repair it and there might be some problem with the VGA chip or circuit or something ((which may be possible because when the problem happened the screen suddenly turned pitch black but all other lights were on, I then forced restarted it using the power button and from this time nothing would power on.))

Anyway the guy took my laptop with him and fixed it, now its working but I don't know what and how he fixed it. Do you have any idea? Also do repaired mobos last or they soon become dead again?? 

HP Recommended

Hi@ prantik1994,

Thanks for the reply.

I believe, the tech who did the repair might have changed the power button, If you have lights on the notebook but nothing on the screen, it could video card as well. If you didn’t had lights at all, then it could be power button as well. As you confirmed, the notebook seems to be working fine right?

Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I will try to tell the events exactly as they happened.

1) I was trying to install Mac OS on this, then it suddenly hung(which is a common thing for trial and error). It hanged 3-4 times and I just restarted using the Power button holding down.

2) After about 3 times i noticed the laptop would light up 2-3 secs after pressing the power button(I thought that's normal).

3) However 4th time it hung my screen just went pitch black(no backlight even) but keyboard was lit so i forced shutdown using the Power button again but this time while starting the laptop wont start up at all...not even lights or anything.

The repair guy came and used multimeter to check couple of things and I think he tried to start without using the power button as well( by directly shorting it) but didnt work.

He just mentioned something like BGA/chip repair or change i think. 😕 and as of now it seems to be working

HP Recommended

Hi@ prantik1994,

Thanks for the reply.

To understand, are you trying to install Mac OS on a Windows PC? If that is the case, HP recommends not to downgrade/upgrade the operating system as it might cause internal components to malfunction. It would be your soul discretion to do so.

Hope this helps.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.