Did you mean: 
Mwasest
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Probook 440 G4 too long to start

HP Recommended
Probook 440 G4

My Probook 440 G4  takes 2-3 minutes when you press the power button to display the hp logo on screen.  When i press the power button,  the keyboard lights up but the screen will stay black for 2-3 minutes before it turns on. Then it will stay like that for about 2 minute before it can proceed to boot. When trying to enter bios setup or boot options it writes entering setup and stays like that for about 2 minutes.

After that it behaves as expected.

I have applied the latest bios update but still no change.

Any help will be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,786 32,908 3,068 7,569
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mwasest 

I have no idea why your boot is taking so long.

The HP logo is contained in the BIOS code that is burned into a chip on the motherboard.  Since the hard drive is not even accessed when that is displayed, even a failing drive, or the lack of a drive, should not delay the logo display.  This should take a few seconds at most.  Same is true of entering the BIOS settings -- directly to firmware, no hard drive involved.

We have no diagnostics we can provide that would troubleshoot this issue and while you could try taking this to a local laptop repair facility, I don't know that they could do anything, either. 

This sounds like a failing motherboard, but we have no way of diagnosing that, nor do you.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation