Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I've received a Probook 450 G3 today and wanted to make an image with a ghost boot usb.

I've tried booting it with the usb but all I get is a black screen with a white underscore in de left upper corner and the fan starts to blow louder.

I've tried various usb sticks/ext. hdd's without any succes.

I've tried a few bios changes but haven't found a solution.

I've had kind of the same problem with the G2 but with that model it took the laptop a few moments to read the usb and continue booting from it.

But this doesn't seem to be the same problem.

Is this a known problem, or does someone have a solution?

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Can the Ghost USB flash drive boot from different unit?

Which version of Ghost are you using?

Check boot options in BIOS

Unchecked Fast Boot

Unchecked UEFI Boot Order

Set startup menu delay (Sec.) to 5 seconds or 10 seconds. Notebook will have enough time to detect USB flash drive

Check Secure Boot Configuration

Make sure option is set to Legacy Support Enable and Secure Boot Disable

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick reply.

I've checked the BIOS options which you mentioned and made sure they were set correctly.

Sadly, it didn't solve the problem.

The flash drive does work on previous models like the 450 G1/2, 430 G1/2 and 455

But not the G3 model, I have only one (demo) G3 model so I'm not able to test it on another G3 model.

I'm using Ghost version 11.5.1 CE.

I've also updated the BIOS from 01.06 to 01.07, hoping it would solve things but that wasn't the solution.

Apparently the problem was the flash drive itself, I've made a new bootable (another)flash drive from another brand and that seemed to work!

HP Recommended

HP team,this is Chandan from Bharti Airtel team.

We are using 450G3 with win07 enterprise, but when I tried to install OS through USB it doesn't show HDD. Its not loading OS further.

The same bootable USB worked with other G1& G2 series even with 4540s as well.

Now, can anyone let me know, what can be done in this condition.

Fed up with this series.

Help me out to solve this condition.

Tried all sort of legacy enable and secure boot disable option art BIOS but all goes in vain.

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Have you inject latest Intel F6 AHCI driver (You can find the AHCI from Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver) to your Windows 7 enterprise image?

Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7834518&swItemId=ob_154070_1&swEnvOid=405...

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

This option did the trick 

Secure Boot Configuration

Make sure option is set to Legacy Support Enable and Secure Boot Disable

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.