Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP PROBOOK 450 G7 CORE i5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All,

I have an HP Probook 450 G7 Core i5 laptop which was given to customer Free Dos and they had installed OS Wrongly which leads to corrupt BIOS, and now it restarting itself, I cannot enter to BIOS nor be able to enter to Windows. Any idea what is the solution? Also tried to upgrade the BIOS via USB, but the laptop didn't detect . Please help me.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

try to open the 450 G7 and remove the hard driver and see what happens.

eventually repplay BIOS defualt setting , in case ypu are able to enter F10 menu.

BIOS is not corrupted for a windows 10 installation. 

Installing Windows 10 in a FreeDos licensed computer ,  apart the license aspect  that could be a violation of Microsoft terms, technically is possible as one may have bought a retail version.

so Windows 10 should boot without issue.

bye

HP Recommended

Removal of HDD, Cmos Battery does not help me, Tried to give service centre, they diagnosed and told that motherboard needs to be replaced, I don't know whether they are true or not.

Any other solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.