Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-bs0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have an HP built Laptop with 12 GB of RAM however, only uses about 4.2 GB Max. Locks up and is very slow. I have run every Ram test. I have updated the Bios. I ran every test on HP assistant. Also installed and ran all test on the HP Hardware diagnostics UEFI software. All test recognize the 12 GB of RAM and all test pass.

I have followed every thing online to verify the RAM is available to windows and is not limited.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@tomsemco 

Windows 10 only uses RAM as it needs it; it is not going to use all the RAM all the time.

I have 8GB of RAM and on a regular basis, Win10 only uses about 4GB of that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for taking the time to reply. However, I believe you missed that the computer is locking up and freezing and never exceeds 4 GB of usage. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.