Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

Hello. My laptop has been crashing a lot recently, and once, it froze, and I then did force shut down by holding the power key down. The next day, I tried to go onto my laptop, but it started up with the normal HP black and white loading screen, but then said "System Partition 100% complete" or something like that, and after, showed "Preparing Automatic Repair". My laptop then crashed on me and showed the blue screen with the sad face and said "your system has ran into a problem and we have to restart" or something like that. It then started up again and it came to a blue screen asking me to pick a keyboard layout. It wouldn't let me get out of Safe Mode, like there wasn't an exit option or anything, just Recovery Manager and Advanced Options. I looked up how to get out of Safe Mode, and I tried everything that was suggested and nothing worked. Yes, I tried msconfig but it showed that it was apparently "invalid". I then forced log off again and the same thing happened again. Crashed, then started into Safe Mode. This time, I tried rebooting my laptop, but of course, it crashed again. I am extremely confused on what is happening right now, and I don't want to lose all my files. Please write back to me ASAP. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@svienna

Welcome to HP support community.

Provide the complete computer model number or the product number?

Meanwhile:

Boot into BIOS and check if the issue persists:

1. Turn on or restart the computer.
  2. While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu.

And run Extensive test to check for hardware failures:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Extensive Test.

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error. While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.