Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have the same problem...caps light blinks 2 times intermittely ...power light is on nothing else i hooked to external monitor nothing shows up......WHAT CAN I DO?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @luckylady1960,

Thank you for your inquiry. I am happy to help.

I grasp that your notebook will power on but the screen remains black or blank and the Caps Lock light blinks two times intermittently. You tried connecting an external monitor but there was no change. Here is a link HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot. As two blinks indicate a corrupted BIOS here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS. Please let me know the outcome.

Please click theThumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I did as you said...USB lights up but nothing comes up on black screen...windows key and b show 2 lights intermittely but usb wont go through.now what?

HP Recommended

Hi @luckylady1960,

Thank you for your response.  

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works  please review this link. 

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I have escalated your issue to the appropriate team. Please take a moment to read HP’s Privacy Policy at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/privacy/ww-privacy.html

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

thank you for forwarding this problem

HP Recommended

seems the motherboard went bad........my warranty just ended---go figure....I am dependant on my laptop and now...im without

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.