Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
probook 640 g2

Hi, I have a problem with my notebook. When I turn it off or suspend it, with any operating system (windows. linux) it restarts again.
I tried using it without battery, I changed the memory, without the hard disk (booting from a usb), I updated the BIOS, even without the keyboard and still restarts.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Javito_ferr 

Not asking you specifically -- but why does everyone seem to think that flashing the BIOS is a Miracle Cure to everything that ails a PC?  It practically NEVER does anything useful and risks trashing the PC completely if it fails -- which it often does.

I don't understand what you mean when you say "When I turn it off or suspend it, with any operating system " -- you need to explain that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello, the BIOS update is a possible solution they advise, obviously knowing how to do it and as a last option in this case. The idea is to rule out possible causes of the problem.
The operating system is because in some cases the problem is in the software, so I clarified that using any operating system the problem persists.

HP Recommended

@Javito_ferr 

OK, so when you shut down or suspend the PC, either in Windows or Linux, it immediately reboots, right?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Exactly. I turn off or suspend the notebook, all the lights go out and two seconds later it turns on again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.