Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dh0026no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've disabled the Optane memory in Windows, it appears in device manager as an uninitialized disk, but when removing the Optane memory from my computer the BIOS can no longer boot due to no operating system found.

When the Optane memory is installed the BIOS tells me there are two SSD:s.

When Optane is removed no SSD can be found.

If I install an empty SSD in the Optane socket BIOS recognizes the empty SSD but there's no option to choose boot device.

Any help appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

My goal was to replace the 32GB Optane memory with a larger 2TB SSD.

I've finally solved it; by create a Windows repair image on an USB and in the BIOS change to legacy BIOS I was able to install a clean copy of Windows in the new SSD. Unfortunately the original internal 500GB SSD is not accessable.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to read the last two sections of the article at the link below for how to properly disable the Intel Optane memory.

HP PCs - Installing and Using Intel Optane | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

My goal was to replace the 32GB Optane memory with a larger 2TB SSD.

I've finally solved it; by create a Windows repair image on an USB and in the BIOS change to legacy BIOS I was able to install a clean copy of Windows in the new SSD. Unfortunately the original internal 500GB SSD is not accessable.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.