cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Pam_ROB
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Restricted access to functions

HP Recommended
4XW59EA ABU

HP laptop 4XW59EA ABU

Restricted access. I can log on and access the internet and documents, but I cannot type into the search box on the home page, nor open up the drop down list of features e.g. clock, word, except by pressing control escape, and once this list appears, I cannot open them. Forgive me for not being more precise - am not IT savvy. 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,852 24,531 3,146 7,840
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Pam_ROB 

Go into Settings --> Accounts and look at your account. I should say Administrator.  If it says something else, you need to tell us what that is.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation