Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

IMG_20210707_224320.jpg

IMG_20210707_2222223249.jpg

When I switch on my laptop I have the first black screen.
I run the quick hard drive test and I get the second black screen.
Then I press enter and it loads normally the windows. Could you help me with this please?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@nick58058 

The error code means your drive is failing.  It could crash tomorrow -- it could run OK for weeks -- but there is no way to know and the longer you put off replacing it, the less likely you will be able to recover any data from it.  It needs to be replaced.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@nick58058 

The error code means your drive is failing.  It could crash tomorrow -- it could run OK for weeks -- but there is no way to know and the longer you put off replacing it, the less likely you will be able to recover any data from it.  It needs to be replaced.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Ok! Thank you very much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.