Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14-bf103na, 3DM74EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I start my laptop up, I am able to log in (if I log in within about 10-15 seconds, otherwise I can’t log in), and I am then able to maybe open up one application, click a few times and it freezes.

I have completed a quick test on my memory and hard drive.

I have also completed an extensive system test, all of which passed.

I have tried cleaning it with CCleaner (although I do this often anyway) and searching for viruses using my McAfee Anti-Virus license, but these haven’t made a difference either.

I can’t complete any suggestions that involve using the computer as it just freezes every time I use it.

The only thing I can really do is use the Bios menu.

I have also tried to contact HP but when it tells me I need to log in to create a case, it gives me this error message ‘403 - Forbidden: Access is Denied’. I have also tried on Google Chrome and it does the same.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Contacted HP and tried BIOS resetting but to no avail.

Most likely a corrupted windows so I need to take out my hard drive and back my files onto a different computer, if you can’t do this then you can go to a computer repair/tech shop.

Then install another version of windows onto my laptop using a USB.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.