Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook 15 g3 & Thunderbolt Dock
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey guys.

I'm going crazy over here.

For the past 3 days I've been trying to make this high-end, high-performance, extremely expensive device work.

The problems started with deplayment of Windows (via WinPE and Heat DSM, I finally managed to make it work), then docking station USB ports not working (still don't work) and finally, extreamly slow shut-down process IF the network cable is plugged in.

I did everything  could find online. BIOS update, driver update, disabled startup items, checked the harddrive, disabled clearing the virtual memory pagefile on shutdown...

If I hit restart or shut-down, it takes anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes to actually do it. If the network cable is removed, it takes a few seconds. There are no updates being installed, I tried with different users (with or without admin rights).

I honestly don't know what to do next...

Please, help.

Iulian.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The second time I tried that, the device with those VID and PID was not there anymore... I am totally confused why...

However, the permanent and tested solution for me was to remove Citrix Receiver 4.3. It came with our Windows Golden Image. The moment I uninstalled it, all the drivers installed perfectly, the dock ports all work, the computer shuts down properly etc.

Recently there is a new Citrix Receiver version (4.5), and the first issue that appears on the fix list is:

When using Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.3, devices connected through USB 3.0 - including keyboards and mouse devices - might stop working and show the error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (0x9f).

So yeah... that was the problem, I got it fixed by removing Citrix Receiver 4.3 (and later updating it to 4.5).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The Zbook 15 G3 came with a Windows 7 install disk (at least mine did) which has got some special tweaks to make it run on a Skylake advanced platform. Did you use the HP install disk or a stock Windows 7 installation? 

HP Recommended

It did come with a DVD, that's where I found the drivers that permitted me deploy Windows  unattended. But Windows we install via Heat DSM, we have a custom standard image (a Golden image) that we use for all devices, currently around 1200 PCs from various manufacturers. This one has got to be the most pig-headed yet. We have about a dozen of them right now, with more to come in soon. Our engineering department already loves me after I told them that the devices will get to them a little bit late...

About the USB ports on the docking station, there is 24 page discussion here on the HP forums, with no real solution yet.
And with the slow-shutdown (or should I say no-shutdown?) issue - I coudn't find a working solution on that either...

HP Recommended

Any update on this?  I am experiencing a similiar issue with these.  Installing or Un-Installing a Driver does not appear to do anything.....  this is in addition to the device not shutting down.  I have spent about 2 weeks now trying to get this device imaged using SCCM or MDT.  Sometimes it images just fine and works as expected, but then the next try it doesn't install all the drivers and the system becomes unstable (won't shutdown, drivers won't install/uninstall).  This is extremely disappointing.  We have about 90 different models incorporated into SCCM and have not had this much trouble with a system...

HP Recommended

I'm afraid not.

However, the problem continues, but I was mistaken about the network cable. It wasn't the culprit, but the dock. So if I disconnect the dock, the computer shuts down and works. If I conenct the dock, the USB prots or audio on it won't work, and if I shut the computer down, it waits for a very long time and spits out a STOP error (0x0000009f).

Right now I have a clean windows installation (still via DSM) and all drivers installed via a script, and now I'm tersting all drivers and windows updates, one by one. So far no luck.

HP Recommended

I think I found a solution to my problem.

De device that was causing all the fuss was the AsMedia USB hub.

I installed Windows (with DSM) without any drivers, disabled the device with VID 174C and PID 2074, then added the drivers and HP applications one by one.

After installing everything (about 30 packages), I reenabled the device and allowed it to install the drivers automatically.

It worked!

I'm still testing and I want to try it again a few times, but for now, it worked!

HP Recommended

The second time I tried that, the device with those VID and PID was not there anymore... I am totally confused why...

However, the permanent and tested solution for me was to remove Citrix Receiver 4.3. It came with our Windows Golden Image. The moment I uninstalled it, all the drivers installed perfectly, the dock ports all work, the computer shuts down properly etc.

Recently there is a new Citrix Receiver version (4.5), and the first issue that appears on the fix list is:

When using Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.3, devices connected through USB 3.0 - including keyboards and mouse devices - might stop working and show the error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (0x9f).

So yeah... that was the problem, I got it fixed by removing Citrix Receiver 4.3 (and later updating it to 4.5).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.