Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook Folio 9470m
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When i turn on notebook the screen display "STOP in PsMain Error code: 0x5001579" on o blue backgroud. As you see on a picture. How can I solve this problem ?  IMG_3735.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.

You are using business class computer and this error occured because of failed component in CheckPoint (Pointsec) full disk encryption

It seems your computer is a business one and its HDD has been encrypted with Checkpoint software.

If this is the case, please contact your company's local helpdesk and ask the encryption support or security team to step in. They will use one of the many methods to fix the problem.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Interesting... I have one laptop with the same model that just got this problem today 1st of April!!!

This could be some updates deployed???

Unfortunately seems we have to format again the computer and lose all the data on it 😞

HP Recommended

Hello @RSousa

There is not much that can be done at the moment - usually data can be recovered using DMU tool
>> http://dl3.checkpoint.com/paid/d1/CP_2.0_FDE_Dynamic_Mount_Utility_AdminGuide.pdf?HashKey=1459529699...

Please, note that this is Checkpoint FDE / Pointsec / problem - this is not related to HP.

Please, get in touch with your company helpdesk OR contact Checkpoint support team for assistance.

Thank you for your understanding !

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I have found this error occurs at power up when I have inadvertently plugged in my USB cable I utilize to charge my phone. The order of which it bootstraps in the BIOS is having it look at external ports, thus looking for that script from my plugged in phone, ostensively.  If I don't have my phone plugged in, it powers up and accesses the internal script like it should.

Amending the order in which is looks for the Checkpoint script in the BIOS via F10 is one way to avoid this error - or just remembering not to have anything plugged into USB ports at power up. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.