Did you mean: 
Ahoragi
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Screen not turning on and caps lock blinking 5 short 4 fast

HP Recommended
starwars special edition notebook sn# 5CD60956KH

starwars special edition notebook sn# [edit] The screen doent turn on and when I did when I hit win + b and power for 2 secs and then hit the power cable and it lost power. Now lights flash on my laptops caps lock key 5 slow and 4 fast 

Tried reseeding the ram 4 times 

Tried hold win + b then power for 1-3sec let go of power and keep holding till hear beep, no beep happen tried 5 times 

2 REPLIES 2
Ma7hiu5
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is pretty similar to an issue I had,

If your happy to open up the laptop:

1.  Disconnect/remove the Button Cell battery (CMOS Battery likely a CR2032 or similar)

2.  Go make a cup of tea/coffee.

3.  Reconnect the CMOS battery

4.  Re-assemble

5.  Test.

🙂

You might encounter a CMOS error which will ask you to restart, but it should be fine after that.  (apart from the windows date/time)

0 Kudos
Ahoragi
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi did all the steps even had the battery out for 2 days. (Was busy couldn't work on it) it still didn't work same thing is happening 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation