Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
starwars special edition notebook sn# 5CD60956KH

starwars special edition notebook sn# [edit] The screen doent turn on and when I did when I hit win + b and power for 2 secs and then hit the power cable and it lost power. Now lights flash on my laptops caps lock key 5 slow and 4 fast 

Tried reseeding the ram 4 times 

Tried hold win + b then power for 1-3sec let go of power and keep holding till hear beep, no beep happen tried 5 times 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This is pretty similar to an issue I had,

If your happy to open up the laptop:

1.  Disconnect/remove the Button Cell battery (CMOS Battery likely a CR2032 or similar)

2.  Go make a cup of tea/coffee.

3.  Reconnect the CMOS battery

4.  Re-assemble

5.  Test.

🙂

You might encounter a CMOS error which will ask you to restart, but it should be fine after that.  (apart from the windows date/time)

HP Recommended

Hi did all the steps even had the battery out for 2 days. (Was busy couldn't work on it) it still didn't work same thing is happening 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.