Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pro book 450 g5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop  boots slowly 

1 minutes and 35 s in shutdown and 1 m : 45 s in restart , start counting from hp logo , most of the time in the hp logo loading it takes about 50 seconds followd by black screen for 20 seconds , so i turned on fast startup and now it take 30 seconds in shutting down and 2 minitues in restart , in shut down the hp logo take about 5 seconds also followed by black screen for 20 seconds , in restart the hp logo take one minute then the black screen 

So i need help to make it boot faster in both of them

I was searching from 2 months and until now i didn't find a solution , i tried everything thing and reinstalled my windows 10

and i also want to know why the fast startup made the ho logo load faster in startup and slower in restarting

My laptop is : hp probook 450 g5

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Yousief 

First off, there is no settings or Windows  "miracle cure" that can make a PC boot faster.  You can go into startup and disable some or all of the items, and that will get from login to the desktop slightly sooner, but that will not affect the earlier phases of booting at all.

Second, while a reinstall might improve boot times initially, once Windows Updates finds out your PC is not current, it will start taking over the PC to find, download and install updates.  Those have been known to lock up a PC for HOURS on end!

Third, Fast Startup is a form of hybrid sleep/ hibernation and that shrinks startup time but increases shutdown time because all that stuff needed for startup then has to be saved again.

The ONLY sure-fire way to speed up total boot-to-desktop is to replace an HDD with an SDD.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

So do you think that restarting in 3 minutes is normal , and the black screen are they normal ?!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.