Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 15" Spectre x360. Had been working fine for 2 yrs. I recently updated the bios. Turned it on one day and after using for about 2 mins, laptop turned off and won't boot/charge. I've tried holding pwr button for up to 30s, even removed the internal battery and held pwr button. No change.

I realize it's out of warranty but it was working fine until I updated the BIOS. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mb2k I suggest you attempt a BIOS recovery to resolve this issue as its occurred after the last bios update, its possible the BIOS update was interrupted causing it to corrupt the system files:

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.

2. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.

Keyboard highlighting the key presses for BIOS recovery

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 3 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I worked with HP support and tried the method mentioned. Still no boot.

Support's suggested resolution was to send the laptop in which would cost $600 (offered down to $500) for repair.

I'm not about to spend 1/2 the cost of what I paid for a repair of laptop less than 2 yrs old, so I'm probably gonna be better off looking for a replacement. Shame cause I really liked this laptop, but 2yrs life is disappointing

HP Recommended

@mb2k I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.