05-18-2019 08:46 AM
I have HP Spectre x360 laptop and it is not booting up. When I press power button power led is flashing on and off as if laptop is in sleep mode, and charging led turned off even when plug is inserted in charging port - no other led is on (f5, mute light etc).
I tried hard resetting by pressing power button with no luck.
When I turn on it is directly going to sleep mode. If I close the lid and try to turn on it won't turn on.
Please help me resolve this issue.
05-19-2019 04:38 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
If the computer does not start, the LED lights do not glow, and the display is black,
you can perform one or more of the following actions to resolve the no power issue:
(Click on the blue letters to get more details about each step)
- Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage
- Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector
- Start computer using the battery only
- Check that the lid switch moves freely
- When you have completed the troubleshooting steps, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning.
- If the battery does not accept the charge or the notebook does not turn on without the AC adapter, contact HP to order a replacement battery.
- If the LEDs do not glow, and there are no other indicators of power being available to the computer, contact HP for technical assistance in troubleshooting a potential problem with the AC power connection or the system board.
- If the LEDs blink, or the computer beeps, but it does not start, go to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot.
- If the LEDs glow but the computer does not start on either battery or AC power, go to Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.
Let me know if that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee