Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I can recover it from backups easily enough. But as I have said several times before, and have been completely ignored, recovery is pointless if we don't have a theory why a newly installed copy of Windows should result in a corrupted boot before the all the restarts required by an install are finished. And we haven't even gotten to the point where we exercised the feature that is known to cause the problem, namely, suspend and resume while on battery. 

This is my backup laptop so I'm not spending a lot of money on it with HP Support. I already spent a lot of money on a replacement HP. I hope my trust in the HP brand support wasn't misplaced.

HP Recommended

@gmkayaker I suggest you check with the phone support tech as suggested earlier as they should be able to get you more insight on resolving the issue,

That said, have a good day, ahead and good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.