Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 13t-4000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi was watching a video and my laptop suddenly shut off, no warning. It was plugged into the charger, had plenty of battery life. When I went to turn it back on, I noticed there was no charging led, and it would not power. I tried a different charger (my work laptop has a compatible charger), tried the hard reset, nothing. Looks like there is pretty common motherboard issue, could that be it?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@richardk1313, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have a few steps that should help resolve the issue:

• Check with an alternate power cord/adapter or another wall outlet, remove any surge protectors and connect directly to the wall outlet and check if that works.
  • Does the issue persists with the battery alone or even when the device is connected to the wall outlet? please verify.
  • Have you had any thunderstorms lately, before this issue occurred?
    • If yes, this could be a hardware malfunction that requires a repair.
    • If no, try the below steps:
    • (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi TEJ1602 

I did check the alternate power cord in another wall outlet, no luck. It will not show any charging light, will not turn on when plugged in nor on battery. I have not had any thunderstorms lately. I believe it is a hardware issue. I am still having this issue, no matter what I do I cannot get it to turn on or show any signs of life.

Richard

HP Recommended

@richardk1313

Thanks for replying!

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your PC.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.