cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
lucy88
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Start up problems with windows not responding HP Pavilion laptop

HP Recommended
HP pavilion360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when turned on it is very slow and no matter what I click on a pop up comes up saying Microsoft windows is not responding , managed to perform an hp diognostic test and the quick test came back as passed, half way through the extensive test, so far I am getting passes, have over two hours left on check,  please help me, I am pretty sure it has something to do with windows10 not starting up , thanks for any tips you can give me,  this just happened out of the blue.  

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,607 27,043 3,123 6,757
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lucy88 

Sorry, but slow booting is not due to any Windows errors.

Very slow booting and very slow performance are clear signs of drive failure -- and those will prevent Windows from booting at all.

You are doing the right thing in testing the drive and at this point, you need to let it finish.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
lucy88
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All checks passed, not sure what I should do now.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation