Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Stream 11-d010wm
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Won't start; black screen; "on" button lit; "caps lock" light flashing once every 3-4 seconds. I can't find forced start instructions for my particular model: Stream 11-d010wm. Help! I just have to access my work!
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey @Petelete

I would like to welcome you to the HP Support Community where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help with the issues you experience. If my reply resolves your issue or answer your question(s),  please let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

The LED lights near the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys will blink if an error is detected during the startup process. The LEDs will blink a number of times in a sequence and then stop. It sounds like the number of blinks in the sequence you are experiencing is 1 blink. This means that the CPU is not functional.  

blink code.PNG

Source: Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code 

You can try to reseat the CPU and check all of the connections first to see if maybe for some reason it is just not connecting properly. 

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue. If you require further assistance I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, please click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Omhh 😱 pls pls pls tell me what u ended up doing! I have all my essential school work/textbooks saved there! Pls u'll get good karma?????
HP Recommended
I had the exact same issue BTW... And it happened because I put in a USB in the S port or something.
I have a HP stream 11 it doesn't turn on and I tried manual restart
HP Recommended

Hi @Idiotsmiles,

Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you. 🙂 I reviewed the post regarding the computer’s capslock light blinking. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

First off, to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Please provide the complete model# and the operating system used.
  • It looks like a hardware issue with the computer.
  • Please try these steps. Please perform a hard reset first. Click here 
  • Then try to roll back the bios from this link by clicking here Please try both the options mentioned in the link.
  • This should work if things go well, the computer should be up and running. 
  • If it still does not work, please contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a terrific week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.