Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15-dk0086wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, my laptop had some sort of weird event and it reset. I think it might be power related, since my wife was cleaning up and unplugged it, removed the fused power strip it was plugged into and replugged it into the wall. It failed to bootup at that point. I tried resetting the BIOS, it said it was corrupted. So I updated with a USB and the file from the HP site. Still wouldn't do anything. Reset CMOS and updated BIOS again, same issue. If I hit ESC or F10 during boot, I get a blank screen with white text at the bottom left saying the selection from the button (startup paused etc...) Has my motherboard crashed? This model has only an internal SSD and no HDD, could the SSD be corrupted?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Randy921

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.