Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen X
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried resetting my Windows last night and after the initial process I was stuck on a black screen, tried restarting the PC, but nothing happened. 

After a few attempts to get it into safe mode or bios, the PC made about 7 or 8 beeping noises then shut down. 

After that I was meat with an infinite boot loop. 

It will turn on for 22 seconds and then turn off again. 

I tried everything. 

Pressing all the F keys, ESC, Del, win+V/B

I took everything out, held the power button.

I only had the keyboard and mouse plugged in. 

Nothing. 

The only thing that shows on the display is the Display Port text and that's it. I don't ever go past that point. 

No BIOS, no loading, no Windows, nothing. 

The PC was working well before that, except the occasional freeze here and there, where either the PC will freeze fully and I'd force restart it or it will just restart itself. It can happen a few times a day or not at all, which is why I tried to reset it. 

As far as I'm aware there are no viruses, as I've checked... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update: I ran into a few issues 

When all but 1 RAM stick was inside and no GPus it was fine.
When I put all back together, it kept beeping 3 long 2 short

I tried with 2 sticks and the 2 gpus, beeping, even with 1 still bept.

So I took the GPUs and tried it again, worked. Tried all 4 sticks, worked

Tried 1 GPU worked, tried the other worked..

Put them back together, it worked... 

It was very weird, but in the end, I have a clean Windows install, everything seems to work, all of the stuff are being recognised - ram, gpu, hdds etc.

Saved myself £650 as HP quoted me that much... such. a. ripoff. For an hour work, probably less for an experienced technician... Jesus. 

Still don't know what the problem was to be honest.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Update: I ran into a few issues 

When all but 1 RAM stick was inside and no GPus it was fine.
When I put all back together, it kept beeping 3 long 2 short

I tried with 2 sticks and the 2 gpus, beeping, even with 1 still bept.

So I took the GPUs and tried it again, worked. Tried all 4 sticks, worked

Tried 1 GPU worked, tried the other worked..

Put them back together, it worked... 

It was very weird, but in the end, I have a clean Windows install, everything seems to work, all of the stuff are being recognised - ram, gpu, hdds etc.

Saved myself £650 as HP quoted me that much... such. a. ripoff. For an hour work, probably less for an experienced technician... Jesus. 

Still don't know what the problem was to be honest.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.