Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 15-br033nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I must have entered the wrong password too many time, my System Disabled (or that is the last error message that I saw. HP has been little to no help, they say it's a hardware issue and that it's not covered under my warranty (go figure). They want me to send it in and pay $400.00 to have the hardware issue repaired, between 6-8 weeks from now.  I just want to get back into it...even if I lose everything. And, the sooner the better. 
Any help would be so appreciated. I am comfortable getting into it, and navigating throughout the, hardware or software, I just don't know where to begin. I haven't even had this Notebook for a year.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Restart the PC, and enter this unlock passcode...64762607

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

Visit http://bios-pw.org/ enter the code to gives you when it says system disabled. This will generate one or more possible codes for you to type in when you power on laptop.

HP Recommended

Hi, @CutiePie5579

If you enter any BIOS password 3 times, see if the PC generates an 8 digit system disabled code with a little 'i' in front of it.

If it does, please post the 8 digit code including the 'i,' and we can provide an unlock passcode for you.

If the PC does not generate an 8 digit system disabled code, unfortunately we won't be able to help you.

HP Recommended

Hi, first I want to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time out to reply. I truly appreciate it.

Just now, I hit "Enter" got "Invalid Password," three times, and this is what popped up and is currently on my screen...

System Disabled

[ i 59133248]

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Restart the PC, and enter this unlock passcode...64762607

HP Recommended

I have visited that site (I believe it's the same one) and nothing has worked. This error code has been several different 8 digit codes...seems to change everytime I re-try to Enter the incorrect or "Invalid Password."

HP Recommended

Hi:

I have given you the unlock code you need above.

HP Recommended

"Invalid Password" is what I see now...
I assume that holding the Power until it shuts down and restarts will suffice as Restarting the PC? I am not being smart, I ask becasue if this ends up being "operator error," it will ruin me 🙂 But seriously, I am just trying to be thorough. I entered the numbers and hit "Enter". "Invalid Password," is what I see now.

HP Recommended

Yes, holding the power button down, and shutting down the PC and turning it on again = restarting it.

The code I posted should have worked.

Try entering any BIOS P/W 3 times again, and re-post the system disabled code.

HP Recommended

OMG! I tried it again an I am getting the HP Logo!!! Thank you!!! Please standby....Oh thank you! thank you!!!

It is at the Windows Logon screen but the date is August 29 and I haven't been able to get away from this screen yet... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.