Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15m-bq121dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I'm using F22 BIOS but I still get the THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Blue Screen all the time & its caused by the amdkmdag.sys driver on the latest AMD Adrenalin driver 20.9.2.

HP, may you please update the VGA BIOS to fix this issue?  It causes system freezes during YouTube playback on Chromium Microsoft Edge browser.  It happens on all browsers though.  The VGA BIOS Is dated 2017 versus the system BIOS dated 2020.

Thank You

System BIOS Version & Date.jpgThread Stuck In Device Driver AMD Vega 8 Mobile.jpgThread Stuck In Device Driver AMD Vega 8 Mobile2.jpg

HP ENVY x360 - 15m-bq121dx - 32GB RAM 500GB SAMSUNG EVO 970 PLUS 2TB SEAGATE ARCTIC SILVER CERAMIQUE 2 FUJIPOLY XR-M LAIRD T-FLEX 6100 THERMAGON
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@CastorTroy2009 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting a blue screen error.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Please run the SFC scan. you can refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Its a BIOS Issue so all I can do is suggest to HP to update the BIOS & wait for them to update the BIOS.

HP ENVY x360 - 15m-bq121dx - 32GB RAM 500GB SAMSUNG EVO 970 PLUS 2TB SEAGATE ARCTIC SILVER CERAMIQUE 2 FUJIPOLY XR-M LAIRD T-FLEX 6100 THERMAGON
HP Recommended

@CastorTroy2009

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you rollback the BIOS and check.

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Hold down the Windows and B button together while the computer is still turned off.  

3) Turn on the computer and continue to hold the Windows and B button until a BIOS Recovery screen appears.  

4) Follow on-screen instructions and click on OK 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply but I just not rolled back to F.21 from F.22 nothing has been solved but as least I had more performance on F.21 than F.22 idk why.  I think HP should update the BIOS for my laptop to F.23 soon please to fix performance issues & the BSOD.

HP Recommended

@CastorTroy2009

I understand your concerns.

I would suggest you conatct our phone support and check. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.