Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-df1211ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon!

If a USB mouse is connected to the laptop, it is not initialized, that is, when I turn it on, I see a black screen, the HP label does not appear. If I disconnect  the mouse, the laptop turns on without problems.

I have another laptop (HP ENVY x360 - 15-bp100na) , if I connect the same mouse to it, everything works fine.

ver. BIOS: F23

Mouse: Asus Gladius P501

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@br0cker 

Your first resort with issues like this with a problem that varies from PC to PC but with the same mouse, would be the support forum of the mouse manufacturer:  https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?104511-ROG-Gladius-1-cannot-boot-with-the-mouse-in-usb

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I downgraded the mouse firmware, from 1.29 to 1.27,  the problem remained 😞

HP Recommended

@br0cker 

You keep asking us, but there is nothing we can do about this -- you have to hit up the mouse manufacturer with this issue.

HP Recommended

On the previous laptop (HP ENVY x360 - 15-bp100na), it worked without problems.

More precisely, I will even say that this is my favorite mouse and it has already survived 5 laptops that did not have this problem. I also reread the forum ASUS, such cases are very rare, a couple of people only.

I will buy another mouse, because there is no solution. 😞

HP Recommended

@br0cker 

I read up on the model mouse and I believe it has flash memory for holding settings -- and my  guess is that your model PC sees this memory and thinks the mouse is a boot drive -- and is trying to boot from it.

So, another mouse, one that does not have that, should work without issue.

HP Recommended

I bought another mouse  (Xiaomi Xiaoi smart mouse) .

I inserted the adapter into the laptop and when I restart again, the laptop does not boot.

Which proves to us that the problem is with the laptop, most likely with the BIOS firmware.

ID HID\VID_2717&PID_501E&REV_0000&Col03

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.