Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP pavillion dv9910us
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

I was trying to update the bios for the hp pavillion dv9910us.  I followed the directions underneath the steps to called

"Updating the BIOS when Windows does not start (Windows 10, 8, 7)"

After step 9,  the HP Utility BIOS Update Utility never started.  Instead, I received the followning error:

"The bios is not for your notebook pc"

I understand that the bios is not for the computer that I am using.  I am trying to use the utiltity to creat the  recovery usb flash drive.  However I can't get past step 9. 

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

Is this the one?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv9900-entertainment-notebook-pc-series/...

Details

This package provides an update to the System BIOS. The update installs on supported notebook models using a supported Microsoft Windows Operating System. A reboot is required to complete the installation.

File name: sp52477.exe

Release details

Released: Mar 30, 2011

Version F.34

Fix and enhancements

- Fixes an issue where the system would unexpectedly stop responding and a 0x124 warning window would appear when the notebook was powered off abnormally and then restarted.

HP Recommended

Yes that is the correct PC.  And we dowloaded the correct File name: sp52477.exe.  However, the steps listed on this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00042629#c00042629_manual-update

Says we are supposed to get this screen.  This screen never shows.  Instead we get the error message:

This bios is not for your notebook pc.  

Remember we are downloading this from a different working PC as the HP pavillion will not boot.

HP System BIOS Update Utility

HP Recommended

Hi

I get the same.

However I use 7zip and it is possible to see the contents and extract them to a USB stick, probably.

I am Flash.png

So if you can this far I believe you will get thru the next steps quite easily.

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

Hi 

We used 7zip and we still did not get the screen that we need to continue.  We should get the screen posted above followed by this screen. 

Create Recovery USB flash drive in HP System BIOS Update Utility

But we still get nothing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.