Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
350 G1 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Everytime I close the Lid, when I open it again the touchpad doesn't work.

I have to restart or put the computer in to sleep in order to the touchpad start working again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I solved my problem!

I unistaled the Synapatics PS/2 driver 19.0.12.95

Thouch pad contiued to work without the driver and now I finally can close the lid and open it again and use the touchpad straight away.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, on my 350 G2 with win10

HP Recommended

I solved my problem!

I unistaled the Synapatics PS/2 driver 19.0.12.95

Thouch pad contiued to work without the driver and now I finally can close the lid and open it again and use the touchpad straight away.

HP Recommended

Yes, looks like it was a problem with the Synapatics driver. 

It took a few attempts to remove the synapatics driver, i tried to uninstal in via the device manager, and i also removed or deleted the driver following the windows prompt. 

I did this a few times and it didn't look as if it was working.. but i had a look at the driver options, and selected driver roll back, and that took me to i8042prt.sys and mouclass.sys drivers. 

This seems to work. So happy days again 🙂

HP Recommended

I still have this problem.  It won't go away.

This was a Win 7 machine that got the free update to Win 10.

I have reverted the synaptics driver back to an older one and it fixes it.

But it is very hard to get it to revert.

On reboot Windows 10 automatically updates the synaptics driver to the new one that doesn't work.

I have tried dozens of things to try to get Windows 10 to stop updating.

And nothing works.

Including Registry changes, installing the microsoft Show or Hide Updates software,

going into the update section and clicking radio buttons telling it not to update drivers.

None of this produced any difference.

In Device Manager when I revert back to old driver  

windows says I need to restart my computer to

complete the task.  On restart, Windows 10 updates to the new driver and I'm

back to where I started.

When the lid gets closed or the computer sleeps the trackpad is locked and I have to hard reboot

the laptop.  So far we are hard rebooting the laptop about 20 times per day.

It's my wifes computer and I have told her just never shut the lid again.

She rejects that idea and want's to throw this expensive fairly young laptop in the trash and go to the store and buy a new one.

I am just about to the point of agreeing.  But instead of trash I will convert it to Linux instead.

This has gone on long enough. By tomorrow I will either find the fix or buy a new computer

and this will become another Linux hobby machine for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.