Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I didn't get the usual diagnostics screen.  But I have hardware and memory and am running those.

The short test both passed.  I am doing an extensive test on hardware diagnostics now.

HP Recommended

@ronkar73

Thanks for the super quick reply.

Yes please run those test and let me know the outcome.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay it just finished the diagnostics and it says PASSED.

HP Recommended

@ronkar73

Thanks for the reply,

Good that all test passed, it shows the there is no issue with the laptop.

The Recovery media must be faulty.

Please contact HP Phone support and get a different media to complete the recovery.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK is there a way to email or chat instead of call?  They put me on hold forever and then hang up on me. 

HP Recommended

@ronkar73

Thanks for the reply.

I made a research.

I could find only Contact HP option.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I appreciate it that you've been so helpful and tried to help me. 

I have to tell you though that I will probably not be buying another HP and I have been a loyal customer.  I have owned over 6 or so HP's just over the last 5 years. 

However I did as you said.  After 8 transfers, 3 hang ups and over 3 hours on the phone, I never got anything accomplished.  A simple task of sending in a defective recovery disk and getting a new one turned into a major waste of my time.  I was so mad yesterday I could have screamed. 

This is ridiculous.  HP should be ashamed of themselves for making it this difficult.  I will be emailing the CEO of HP as well.  There is no need and no excuse for this. 

HP Recommended

@ronkar73

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

HP Recommended
Thank you. I appreciate it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.