Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Though this is solved, still thought of sharing this advisory from HP: Manual Windows 7 OS Installation on NVMe and Performance - dated: 2016-03-10

Could be useful for zBook 17 G3 users aiming to automate OS deployment specially in corporate environment

HP Recommended

There is also the option to press [f11] during boot.

You will then get into an HP Recovery option - wipe everything and start over...

But I wanted to change Win 7 into the preinstalled (see Driver Recovery DVD) Win 10

But there is no information on how to do that...

Use the DVD? "For software reinstallation and repair only"

Besides this model have no DVD...

Updating from Network...

HP Recommended

I had been struggling with this (on ZBook Studio G3 and ZBook 15 G3 both with NVMe SSDs) for a few days and here is what I did.

I downloaded the Samsung NVMe driver located here and added it to my driver pack in SCCM.  This driver for some reason is NOT included in the driver pack (SP73082).

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=wk_149537_1

Once I did this, I have been imaging with no issues.  I did not have to follow HPs advisory to modify the boot image (http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05040446)

Hope this helps...

HP Recommended

The solution is quite simple....

This computer and its component are brand new.

The windows 7 OEM DVD dates from a few years earlier and simply doesn't contain the drivers u need.

Most common drivers missing and essential for installing are USB3.0 and Harddrive in case of SSD or the Samsung NVME disk.

Normally you can load additional drivers during the windows setup and there is your problem...

Windows 7 doesn't recognize USB3.0 in case of this computer. So when u are given the option to add a driver you only see the virtualdisk that the setup has created and u are not able to see any USB device.

First of al... this laptop doesn't have a DVD/CD drive so you need a bootable USB with windows 7

I solved the problem to update the BOOT.WIM for the original Windows 7 Setup and added the missing drivers

The are a lot of hits on how to do this on the internet and ofcourse youtube

This did the trick for me

HP Recommended

Found this and it worked..Very easy.  Alot felt like i was cheating the system because i didnt need to enter any commands! Spent two days trying to get Win7 installed on laptop with NVME drive.  

https://h30471.www3.hp.com/hpcn/attachments/hpcn/OS/22799/1/Intel%20Skylake%E5%B9%B3%E5%8F%B0%E5%AE%...

Just have a preloaded Win7 install on a USB bootable key and let the app do its job.  Installed Win7 without any issues.

HP Recommended

Thanks to sadpandas!  Tool from Gigabyte worked perfectly! Insert any original HP Win7 DVD in drive - insert empty USB stick i slot - run tool = OK. Saved me hours of work.

HP Recommended

MaartenBoer

above solution works for me!

HP Recommended

Hello
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. If you have any additional information, we recommend edit or start a new post.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.