Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion G7 1150-US

I have not used this computer in a long time (+6 months) and I finally decided I would install Pop!_OS, but I did not even post. When I turn it on, the fan starts, and then not even a second later, it turns off. This repeats with a 5 second interval between each post attempt. I currently have 8gb ddr3, a 120gb HP s600 ssd, and an integrated Core i3 3rd gen. I realize this computer is 8 years old, though I would like to see the old champ work again. Have anything I should do. This issue also happened to a desktop about a year ago. I found out the CPU die burned out. Please help me fix this issue with my laptop. I have always took great care of my computers no matter how old. The laptop shipped with windows 7 and a recalled power cord (which I have personally dealt with). I hope I do not have to bake the board or scrap it. Pls help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kingboo2314

Welcome to HP support community.

Perform a hard reset

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices, such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

5. Remove the battery from the battery compartment.

6. Press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.

7. Put the battery back into its compartment and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

8. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

9. On the Options screen, select Continue to open Windows 10.

10. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter.

11. Reconnect each of the peripheral devices.

Attempt a BIOS recovery 

you could attempt to access the safe mode: click here for details. 

The only other steps to resolve the issue would be to: 

To perform a recovery: Click here 

Please create a data backup prior to resetting windows 

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.