Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ba019nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Im trying to enter to the BIOs setup menu on HP Notebook ba019nr to change the boot sequence.  I already tried with Esc, F2, F6, F10 and others several keys.  which key should I use?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jirizarry2001

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 From your post I understand that you have an HP Notebook - 15-ba019nr and unable to access the BIOS. You have tried with the  Esc, F2, F6, F10 and others several keys. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

Ideally, we can access BIOS by hitting the F10 key repeatedly during startup. If the laptop does not allow you to access BIOS then please perform a hard reset on your laptop by following the below steps:

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.

Now, to access the BIOS Setup, turn on the computer and repeatedly press the Esc key to enter the Startup Menu, then press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup utility. Otherwise, hit the F10 key repeatedly on startup to enter BIOS directly. If nothing works and you're still unable to access BIOS then view this video to restore the BIOS: http://hp.care/2dI18Vb.

After restoring the BIOS, please restart the laptop and once again try to boot to BIOS using F10 or Esc keys. Feel free to let me know how it goes. Good luck!

HP Recommended

Thanks four your response!  at the end I was able to change Bios settings restarting windows under the Advance Startup  option. Thanks again for your help

HP Recommended

@Jirizarry2001

You are welcome. 🙂 I'm glad to know that the issue is fixed. You're most welcome to reach out to us for any technical help in future. Take care!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.